Gautam Adani is now the sixth richest person in the world
Adaniand family’s net worth stands at a whopping $116.3 billion, as per Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires’ list.
- Adani Power’s stock recorded a 120% growth in one month and Adani Wilmar surged more than 87% in the same period.
- Reliance Industries’ Mukesh Ambani continues to be the 10th richest person in the world.
AdvertisementGautam Adani, the founder and chairperson of the
According to Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires list, Adani and Family’s net worth stands at a whopping $116.3 billion. This represents a change of $16 billion from last week when Adani’s net worth crossed $100 billion.
This is not the first time Adani has breached the world’s top 10 richest list, but this is the first time he has reached as high as the sixth spot.
It is important to note that with the recent net worth surge, Adani had already overtaken Reliance’s Ambani as the richest person in Asia and India as well. In February too, Adani briefly overtook Ambani and became the richest man in Asia and India.
Ambani, who is the chairperson and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), continues to be the 10th richest person in the world. The net worth of Mukesh Ambani stands at $99.5 billion, Forbes has revealed.
Bloomberg Billionaires List also ranks Ambani as the eighth richest person in the world but with a networth of $105 billion. However, the report notes Ambani is the eleventh richest person in the world, with Microsoft’s Ballmer and Oracle’ Larry Ellison taking the ninth and tenth spot, respectively.
Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and chief executive officer (CEO) of Tesla, is the richest person in the world, followed by Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos. The list also includes Louis Vuitton group’s Bernard Arnault, Microsoft’s Bill Gates, Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffet, Google’s Larry Page and Serge Brin, and Oracle’s founder Ellison.
IDFC Bank, HDFC Bank, Titan among trending stocks to watch out for on April 7
Byju’s, Swiggy, Dream11 and Ola are among the highest valued startups in India
NEET entrance exam to be held on July 17, registration begins
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO