Gold declines Rs 62 on weaker rupee, silver tumbles Rs 828
The yellow metal had closed at Rs 43,564 per 10 gram in the previous trading session.
Silver prices tumbled by Rs 828 to Rs 48,146 per kg from Rs 48,974 per kg on Tuesday.
"Spot gold for 24 karat in Delhi was trading lower by Rs 62 on stronger rupee. The spot rupee was trading around 20 paise stronger against the dollar during the day," HDFC Securities Senior Analyst (Commodities) Tapan Patel said.
The Indian rupee appreciated by 11 paise to 71.74 against the US dollar in early trade on Wednesday.
"Gold prices kept the down side limited on mixed global cues with worries over spreading coronavirus," Patel added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings
- Realme 11 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – the under ₹30,000 phone to buy
- How Tata Communications plans to chart its financial turnaround
- Railway jobs: 12,000 recruited under 'Rozgar Mela' initiative
- List of famous things to buy in Goa