HDFC Bank extends digital auto loan offering to 1,000 cities
The announcement comes at a time when the recent data from auto industry has suggested a surge in sales in non-metro areas, which are less impacted by the COVID-19 infections.
Some watchers say while the pandemic has had a terrible impact on the economy, social distancing restrictions will force many people to stay away from public transport by buying their own vehicles, which is likely to push demand.The product christened as 'Zipdrive instant auto loans' will be available to customers in 1,000 cities across the country like Bhimavaram in Andhra Pradesh, Hardoi in Uttar Pradesh, Thalassery in Kerala, and Balasore in Odisha, an official statement said. Advertisement
The product is available for bank customers with a pre-approved offer, and the bank claimed that it is the fastest online auto loan offering.
"Digital platforms will play an increasingly important role as India opens up further, post the lockdown," the bank's country head for retail lending Arvind Kapil said.The product is convenient because it is contactless, he said, adding that the lender can now connect with customers in tier-2 and 3 cities at the click of a button.
The bank said the pre-approved loan offers are made to customers using an algorithm and analytics, no pre-approval documents are required, and customers can get their loan disbursed from anywhere. AA RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate nears 70%
- Putin announced that Russia approved a COVID-19 vaccine — and gave it to his daughter — despite serious concerns over its safety
- After 10 years of trying, NASA finally bounced its first-ever laser beam off the lunar orbiter
- Krishna Janmashtami 2020 wishes, messages and quotes
- Reliance-Saudi Aramco $15 billion deal is going through due diligence before final decision