HDFC, ICICI ask customers to go digital amid coronavirus outbreak
HDFC Bank has changed its working hours and will function from 10 am to 2 pm till March 31, except on Saturday.
The private sector lender has also temporarily suspended passbook update and foreign currency purchase services.
"In the interest of public health and safety, we will be withdrawing the following services temporarily ofpassbook updates and foreign currency purchase," it said in a communication sent to its customers on Sunday.
ICICI Bank informed its customers through SMS that "our branches shall remain open with required hygiene steps and reduced staff".
"For the same reason, our contact centre will also function with reduced staff. We urge you to stay safe and bank from home using iMobile/Internet Banking for all essential banking services," it said in the communication.
HDFC Bank has urged people to use cheque drop boxes to help reduce crowding in branches.
However, customers can go digital to avail passbook updation and forex card reload, it said. NEFT, RTGS, IMPS and UPI services are among the digital transactional modes.It said customers can pay for their utility bills through UPI and PayZapp platforms. KPM DPB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Yatra Online IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Parineeti Chopra, Raghav Chadha get married in Udaipur
- Nifty, Sensex decline on weak global trends, foreign fund outflows
- FPIs pullout ₹10,000 crore in September on rising US interest rates
- The rising affluence of small town consumers driving demand for premium products