Healthtech unicorn Innovaccer lays off 245 workers, 2nd job cut in 5 months
Innovaccer cofounder and CEO
"Innovaccer has always believed in empowering its customers to accelerate their transformations, leading to higher quality care for patients and populations, improved patient experiences, and better financial and operational performance,"
The startup said it will provide severance packages to affected employees, as well as transitional health insurance benefits and job placement assistance.
This is the second layoff at the company in around 4-5 months' time amid the deepening funding winter and recession fears.
In September last year, Innovaccer laid off nearly 120 employees, or less than 8 per cent of its workforce, owing to "tough economic conditions", and most of the layoffs occurred within its tech teams.
Innovaccer had said that its business fundamentals are still strong.
However, "given the current economic conditions, we implemented a small workforce reduction to optimise our cost structure", said the company.
The startup raised $150 mn in its
In December 2021, Innovaccer raised $150 million, driven by rapid customer adoption of the
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Egyptian researchers digitally unwrap 2,300-year-old mummy to find gold and other amulets
Equity markets have usually been ‘nervous’ ahead of budget but a relief rally is likely post budget, say analysts
Popular on BI
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO