ICICI Lombard launches dedicated COVID-19 cover
The special policy offers 100 per cent of the sum insured if the person is diagnosed positive for COVID-19, irrespective of hospitalization expenses, the company said in a statement, adding that the medical test should be conducted at a government-run or government-approved lab.
The health cover is priced at a premium of Rs 149 and offers a Rs 25,000 payout, including value and covers 18-75 age group.
* HSBC donates Rs 1 cr to city-based NGO to help fight COVID-19 with cleanliness
Leading multinational lender HSBC has donated Rs 1 crore to United Way Mumbai, the city-arm of the 130-plus-year-old international non-profit called the United Way movement spanning 41 countries, the lender said.
United Way Mumbai has been into community health interventions with large scale programmes addressing public health issues like sanitation, malnutrition, diabetes, hepatitis and vector borne diseases.The HSBC fund will go to further these causes, especially in the time of virus pandemic, with a focus on the megapolis. BEN RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal