ICICI Lombard launches dedicated COVID-19 cover
The special policy offers 100 per cent of the sum insured if the person is diagnosed positive for COVID-19, irrespective of hospitalization expenses, the company said in a statement, adding that the medical test should be conducted at a government-run or government-approved lab.
The health cover is priced at a premium of Rs 149 and offers a Rs 25,000 payout, including value and covers 18-75 age group.
* HSBC donates Rs 1 cr to city-based NGO to help fight COVID-19 with cleanliness
Leading multinational lender HSBC has donated Rs 1 crore to United Way Mumbai, the city-arm of the 130-plus-year-old international non-profit called the United Way movement spanning 41 countries, the lender said.
United Way Mumbai has been into community health interventions with large scale programmes addressing public health issues like sanitation, malnutrition, diabetes, hepatitis and vector borne diseases.The HSBC fund will go to further these causes, especially in the time of virus pandemic, with a focus on the megapolis. BEN RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Google just developed an AI model that creates music from text prompts — but the company won't be releasing it anytime soon
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- ChatGPT creator OpenAI might be training its AI technology to replace some software engineers, report says
- Air India to use cloud software app to facilitate real-time reporting of in-flight incidents
- Adani Enterprises FPO subscribed just 2% amid allegations by Hindenburg Research
- Budget expectations: Startups seek 10-yr tax holiday, less holding period of ESOP shares
- Philips to slash 6,000 jobs by 2025 including 3,000 this year
- Auto parts sourcing startup CapGrid raises $7 million from Nexus Venture, others