India offers huge biz opportunities for Central, Easter European companies: Goyal
He further said both India and Europe also offer an opportunity to help kick-start economic growth in the world.
"We have lots of opportunities together and I hope we can look for a greater engagement. We have both comparative and competitive advantages," he said here.
Goyal was addressing the India-Europe 29 Business Forum, organised by industry body CII.
Seeking investments, the minister said India provides several incentives including low tax rates for investors.
"We offer incentives, we have cut down tax rates. We have 1.3 billion people market who are aspiring for a better quality of life," Goyal said.
Indian and Central and Eastern European companies can enhance cooperation in areas like artificial intelligence, renewable energy and new age manufacturing.
Speaking at the function, Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demography Policy, Bulgaria, Mariyana Nikolova too sought investments from India.
She said that her country provides stable and predictable policy regime and a host of incentives for investors.Ministry of External Affairs secretary T S Tirumurti said Central and Eastern European countries can be benefitted from the opportunities that India offer in different sectors. RR MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips