Jindal Stainless approved to supply stainless steel for 272 km-long USBRL tunnel project
In a statement, the company said the project is a 272 km-long railway link between Jammu and Kashmir.
This will be the first-ever application of stainless steel cable trays in an Indian railway project, the company said."USBRL will be a milestone in improving the economic landscape of J&K.We congratulate Railways on executing the engineering marvel by overcoming various topographical challenges, and appreciate its decision to choose stainless steel for developing a sustainable railway infrastructure," JSL Managing Director, Jindal Stainless, Abhyuday Jindal, said.According to the statement, company's arm Jindal Stainless Steelway Ltd will supply "EN 1.4404/316L (dual certification) stainless steel grade in 2B finish" for the project owing to its high corrosion resistance, high strength-to-weight ratio, and a lower life cycle cost.
USBRL has been declared a project of national importance and is the biggest one in the construction of a mountain railway since independence.It is also the highest altitude railway network and the most challenging railway project undertaken by the Indian Railways.
The newly constructed railway line will provide an all-weather and reliable connectivity to Jammu and Kashmir.
OPINION: Green financing in India — Need, significance, urgency, and way forward
Top 10 Airlines in the world in 2022: Stats and performance explained
Popular on BI
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams