Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
Jio Haptikand CASHepartner to enable automated instant credit lines on
- This will aid business owners and solopreneurs to access instant credit via WhatsApp.
Haptikand CASHe claim to provide revolving loans on WhatsApp within a minute.
AdvertisementJio Haptik partnered with financial wellness platform CASHe on Tuesday to enable instant credit line disbursals on Whatsapp. Jio Haptik is a WhatsApp chatbot solution provider, which was acquired by
The overriding technology powering this solution is Haptik’s advanced conversational commerce capabilities and CASHe’s AI-powered bot. The Whatsapp chatbot matches the user’s inputs and automatically facilitates a formal application, along with a Know-Your-Customer (KYC) check.
Once verified, it sets up a credit line in a few clicks through a guided conversational flow. The user’s details are generated and displayed based on the name entered – the only key input that the borrower needs to enter is at the start of the conversation.
“Haptik is pleased to be partnering with CASHe, India’s leading financial wellness platform, with the aim of helping borrowers get access to loans and credit seamlessly and in under a minute. Since going live with our WhatsApp bot, CASHe has witnessed over 50,000 credit line issuances, more than ₹25 crore in loan disbursals, and more,” said Swapan Rajdev, co-founder and CTO, Haptik.
However, this is not the first time that an Indian company is offering loans via Whatsapp. Last year IIFL Finance, a non-banking financial company, offered an instant loan disbursement of ₹10 lakh on WhatsApp, where users could access it by typing ‘Hi’ in a chat box, in five minutes.
Jio Haptik and CASHe, however, claim to provide revolving loans on WhatsApp within a minute. Revolving loans provide more flexibility with drawdowns and repayments as opposed to traditional loans.
“With this solution on offer, we have successfully pivoted our credit model to adapt to the shifts in the lending space by offering instant sachet loans to existing and prospective borrowers through an engaging and conversational flow. The digital assistant on WhatsApp helps us to reach out to new customers and support the existing ones,” said
“The business launched JioMart on WhatsApp native app during the quarter, a novel and disruptive initiative that brings the simplicity of instant chat service to the online shopping experience to millions of consumers. An impressive 37% of orders received from this platform are from new customers who had not shopped on JioMart before,” Reliance said.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Government, listed private companies’ capex to touch ₹21 lakh crore in FY23: ICICI Securities
Recent IPO successes could lead to recovery in the primary market: E&Y
Mumbai, Delhi ranked lowest among 6o global cities for public transit systems
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December