Jio's Q1 net profit zooms nearly 183 pc to Rs 2,520 cr
The net profit stood at Rs 891 crore in the corresponding quarter previous year.
Jio's operating revenue for the Q1 FY21 grew 33.7 per cent year-on-year to Rs 16,557 crore.
Its total customer base as on June 30, 2020 stood at of 398.3 million, and average revenue per user (ARPU) during the quarter was Rs 140.3 per subscriber per month.
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries said: "Jio started with a vision of connecting everything by building a robust and secure wireless and digital network and extending the benefits of digital connectivity to everyone in India. Thirteen investors, which include the largest technology companies and investors globally, now share a common vision with us".
Jio Platforms with partnerships across promising Indian startups and globally renowned technology companies is set to drive the next leg of hyper growth for digital businesses, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route