JSW Steel arm enters into deal to buy 31% stake in startup Ayena
According to the statement released on Tuesday, this proposed investment is in line with endeavours of JSW Steel Coated Products Limited to explore new avenues to increase the consumption of coated steel products. The statement of the company also added this investment will enable JSWSCPL to further diversify its customer portfolio mix and enhancing its presence in the retail business.
JSW Steel said the company through its wholly-owned subsidiary, JSWSCPL, proposes to acquire 31 per cent equity shareholding in Ayena.
The company said in the statement shared with stock exchanges on Tuesday that the indicative time-period for the completion of the acquisition was 45 days from the execution date of the agreements.
JSW Steel is an Indian multinational steel producer based in Mumbai and is a flagship company of the
Founded in 2013, JSWSCPL claims to be the country's largest manufacturer and exporter of colour-coated steel products, and a wholly owned subsidiary of JSW Steel, according to the company's website.
The statement also added that Ayena is a start-up registered by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade and will be in the business of development, manufacturing, and sales of quick-to-install modular solutions including modular kitchens.
Maruti Suzuki’s Q3 net profit zooms 133% to ₹2,351 crore on lower input costs
5G network can be misused for drug trafficking, money laundering, terror financing: Papers submitted at DGPs' meet
Popular on BI
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000