Kerala to hike IMFL prices steeply amid COVID-19 lockdow
The state cabinet, which met here, decided torecommend the Governor to issue an ordinance to increase thesales tax on the IMFL.
It has recommended to increase ten per cent tax forbeer and wine and 35 per cent for all othercategories.
At present, the sales tax on IMFL is 202 per centfor brands priced up to Rs 400 and 212 per cent for brandsabove that.
With the new rates, thepercentage will increase to237 and 247 per cent respectively.
"All the major revenue generation options of thestate government has been stopped due to the lockdown.Lotterysale was stopped, Bars were closed.
The GST revenue has drastically dropped.Hence thestate cabinet has decided to find a revenue generationmethod," a release issued by the state government said.
The state cabinet has recommended to increase tenper cent tax for beer and wine and 35 per cent for allothercategories.
At present, the sales tax on IMFL is 202 per centfor brands priced up to Rs 400 and 212 per cent for brandsabove that.With the new rates, thepercentage will increase to237 and 247 per cent respectively. RRT BNWELCOME BNWELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- iPad's Apple SIM can no longer be used to activate cellular plans
- Millions of Indian smartphone users might have to wait till 2024 for 5G say experts
- Consuming refined grains is as bad as a diet with unhealthy sugars, oils says new study
- Here’s everything you need to know about the made-in-India lightweight combat helicopter
- Mumbai tops real estate sales and new launches in September quarter