Billionaire Kiran Mazumdar Shaw says she is willing to provide free testing for coronavirus
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, chairperson and managing director of
Biocon, said that she is willing to provide free testing kits for coronavirus.
- Shaw mentioned that she is working with Apollo to figure out how they can provide testing for the deadly virus.
- She is an advisor for Apollo’s Stay I project – where Apollo is building quarantine facilities.
During a conference call with the media for the launch of Apollo’s Project Stay I – an initiative to make way for 5,000 rooms as quarantine facilities across the country, Shaw mentioned that she is working with Apollo to figure out how they can provide testing for the deadly virus.
During the call, Apollo’s joint managing director Sangita Reddy mentioned that Shaw created a WhatsApp group to get the industry leaders together and build solutions for Covid-19.
Shaw is an advisor for Apollo’s Stay I project.
“There’s a short window of opportunity for us to make a success out of this quarantine. Project Stay I is a very important initiative that is being embarked upon, It needs to be emulated by all the hospitals and hotel chains in the country. This is a step up model. People with mild, asymptomatic, as well as positive can be placed here and only serious cases can go to the ICU,” Shaw said during the call.
“We need to be in a state of preparedness,” she said.
AdvertisementApollo has pooled 5000 rooms from Lemon Tree, Ginger and Oyo at a discount. These isolation rooms will be made available with medically supervised beds in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Delhi. The project will start with approximately 500 in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, going up by 50 rooms every three days.
Apollo Hospitals partners with Oyo, Zomato, SBI and others to offer 5,000 quarantine rooms to Coronavirus patients
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall