Billionaire Kiran Mazumdar Shaw says she is willing to provide free testing for coronavirus
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, chairperson and managing director of Biocon, said that she is willing to provide free testing kits for coronavirus.
- Shaw mentioned that she is working with Apollo to figure out how they can provide testing for the deadly virus.
- She is an advisor for Apollo’s Stay I project – where Apollo is building quarantine facilities.
During a conference call with the media for the launch of Apollo’s Project Stay I – an initiative to make way for 5,000 rooms as quarantine facilities across the country, Shaw mentioned that she is working with Apollo to figure out how they can provide testing for the deadly virus.
During the call, Apollo’s joint managing director Sangita Reddy mentioned that Shaw created a WhatsApp group to get the industry leaders together and build solutions for Covid-19.
Shaw is an advisor for Apollo’s Stay I project.
“There’s a short window of opportunity for us to make a success out of this quarantine. Project Stay I is a very important initiative that is being embarked upon, It needs to be emulated by all the hospitals and hotel chains in the country. This is a step up model. People with mild, asymptomatic, as well as positive can be placed here and only serious cases can go to the ICU,” Shaw said during the call.
“We need to be in a state of preparedness,” she said.
Apollo has pooled 5000 rooms from Lemon Tree, Ginger and Oyo at a discount. These isolation rooms will be made available with medically supervised beds in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Delhi. The project will start with approximately 500 in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, going up by 50 rooms every three days.
Apollo Hospitals partners with Oyo, Zomato, SBI and others to offer 5,000 quarantine rooms to Coronavirus patients
Popular on BI
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Bobby Deol's 'Animal' enters ₹100 crore club in 2 days
- Another Reddy rises in Telangana as KCR’s party routed in the state
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP