KredX raises USD 26 mn in funding led by Tiger Global
The series B round also saw participation from an existing investor for a minority stake in the company, a statement said.
KredX was founded by Manish Kumar and Anurag Jain in 2015 to help businesses meet their short-term working capital needs by facilitating discounting of their unpaid invoices.
As on date, KredX has processed over five lakh invoices helping more than 5,000 suppliers through 10,000-plus investors across 36 cities.
"We are excited to partner with KredX and believe the company has created an efficient and trusted lending marketplace connecting Indian companies with institutional investors," Tiger Global Partner Scott Shleifer said.
KredX said it will use the new capital to accelerate its expansion by hiring across functions including senior leadership and will step up the development of new products.
The funds will also be used to further build intellectual property and create a niche in the supply chain finance ecosystem, and towards strategic acquisitions, it added.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma gets nearly half of new shares as Paytm doubles its ESOP pool ahead of IPO
- Reliance Jio powers ahead of its competitors as India’s broadband connections go past 800 million
- RCB vs CSK: Virat Kohli, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Deepak Chahar will be key players to watch
- The crypto market is struggling to break above the $2 trillion mark
- Ministry of Women and Child Development and Akshara Centre launch a new ad that urges the audience to report child marriages at 1098