LIC's debt exposure in Adani group cos dips marginally to ₹6,183 cr as of March 5
LIC has a debt exposure of Rs 5,388.60 in Adani Ports and SEZ as of March 5. The exposure in Adani Power (Mundra) was Rs 266 crore, Adani Power Maharashtra Ltd - Phase I (Rs 81.60 crore), Adani Power Maharashtra Ltd - Phase III (Rs 254.87 crore), Raigarh Energy Generation Ltd (Rs 45 crore) and Raipur Energen Ltd (Rs 145.67 crore), as per the reply.
Sitharaman said five public sector general insurance companies have informed that they do not have loan/credit exposure to the Adani Group of Companies.
"Public Sector Banks have informed that loans are sanctioned after assessing the viability of projects, prospective cash flows, risk factors and availability of adequate security and repayment of loans are ensured by the revenue generated by the project and not by the market capitalisation of the company," the minister said.
US-based short seller Hindenburg in January made a litany of allegations, including fraudulent transactions and share-price manipulation, against the Adani group, following which shares of group companies had taken a beating.
The group has dismissed the charges as lies, saying it complies with all laws and disclosure requirements.
Russian wives, mothers call on Putin to stop forcing husbands, sons to join assault groups
Income Tax dept selects 68,000 high-value transaction cases for e-verification
Popular on BI
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April