Meet Campbell Wilson, the new CEO of Tata’s Air India
Campbell Wilsonis appointed as the new CEO of Tata’s Air India.
- According to media reports, he will step down from his current position on June 15.
- Wilson has worked in the aviation industry for 26 years.
AdvertisementTata Sons today appointed Campbell
According to media reports, he will step down from his current position on June 15. Wilson’s appointment comes after former Turkish Airline head IIker Ayci, turned down the job. Tata Sons will have to get a government clearance before appointing a foreign national as the CEO of an airline, as per regulations.
“I am delighted to welcome Campbell to Air India. He is an industry veteran having worked in key global markets cutting across multiple functions. Further, Air India would benefit from his added experience of having built an airline brand in Asia. I look forward to working with him in building a world-class airline,” commented N Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Air India.
Wilson has worked in the aviation industry for 26 years. He started off as a management trainee with SIA in New Zealand in 1996 and worked for the same company in Hong Kong, Canada, Japan before returning to Singapore in 2011.
He served as the senior vice president of sales and marketing of SIA, where he oversaw pricing, distribution, ecommerce, merchandising, branding, marketing, global sales, and the airline’s overseas offices, before returning for a second stint as the CEO of Scoot in April 2020, according to the press release by Tata Sons.
At Scoot, Lesliue Thng will replace Wilson, who is currently serving as senior vice president of sales and marketing of Singapore Airlines. Tata Sons has been looking for an executive to lead since it completed its purchase of the Indian national carrier in January.
Venus Pipes and Tubes — here’s all you need to know about before applying for its IPO
Sensex, Nifty 50 fall for fifth straight session, April CPI data in focus
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor