Meta hires Vikas Purohit as Head of Global Business Group in India
Purohit will report to Arun Srinivas, Director and Head of Ads Business for Meta in the country.
He will spearhead the company's strategic relationship with the country's leading brands and agencies to drive Meta's revenue growth across key channels in India, the company said in a statement.
"India's largest businesses and agencies are playing a crucial role in the country's expanding digital economy and are building innovative business models that are inspiring marketers globally," said Srinivas.
Purohit will also partner with the media and creative ecosystems for accelerating adoption of digital tools by the largest advertisers and agencies.
He earlier worked with companies such as Tata CLiQ, Amazon, Reliance Brands Limited, Aditya Birla Group and Tommy
He started his career at Aditya Birla Group before joining Hilfiger and then heading retail at Reliance Brands Limited.
At Amazon he played an instrumental role in leading and building Amazon Fashion.
His last stint was at Tata CLiq, where he joined as COO before moving on to become the CEO.
Purohit is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore.
Advertisement"Purohit joins our team to shape the role that Meta platforms can play in enabling businesses, supporting India's economic growth, and building the digital advertising ecosystem of the country," said Srinivas.
Samsung Galaxy S23 series may be priced higher than the S22 series – launch date, specs and more
Health edtech platform Virohan raises $7 million in funding led by Blume Ventures
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle