Microsoft joins hands with MSDE, CBC to train 2.5 mn civil servants in India
The project -- Capacity Building by MSDE in Microsoft Digital Productivity Skills -- will digitally empower them to provide efficient and effective citizen-centric services to the vulnerable and underprivileged sections of society.
"Through this programme, we are aiming to empower central government employees on key digital skills and amplify the vision of Digital India," Ashutosh Chadha,
"This initiative will not only drive more productivity but will also enable ease of doing business with more digital solutions," Chadha added.
Within the project, the training will include job roles such as Section Officers, Assistant Section Officers, Clerks, Upper Division Clerks, Lower Division Clerks, Under Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries, and equivalent officers at senior, junior and supporting levels in the central government entities.
CBC has undertaken the capacity-building plans for the ministries of Defence, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Expenditure, Finance, Social Justice, Civil Aviation, Ports and Shipping, and Labour.
As part of the collaboration, Microsoft will develop an online, self-paced learning course on Microsoft Office 365 digital productivity suite offerings for MSDE, enabling MSDE to provide digital skills training to the officials in central government ministries and departments.
The courses will be created under two categories -- Beginners and Advanced courses of 12 hours duration each -- and the learners would be enabled with access to Advanced course after receiving the certificate of completion in the Beginners course.
"Our aim is to develop citizen-friendly and business-friendly policies. Technology has become an integral part of our everyday lives, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are now an essential component of our work life,"
"Therefore, it is imperative that our workforce is trained in these programmes, and I am certain that with this alliance, we will be able to make
SEE ALSO :
Hyundai launched its premium SUV Tucson in India with automated sensing technology - check details here
Healthy household balance sheets will push auto, consumer goods sales: Morgan Stanley
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- Sensex, Nifty scale fresh record highs, rise for 4th day in a row
- Passenger vehicles record 11.3% growth in February 2024, two-wheelers record 35% growth