Microsoft lays off more workers, this time from consumer R&D team: Report
According to posts on Microsoft-owned LinkedIn, the recent layoffs have also impacted contracted recruiters across several locations.
A Business Insider report first mentioned that the additional job cuts were concentrated in Microsoft's
"Around 200 employees on the Modern Life Experiences team have been told to find another position at the company within 60 days, or take severance," the report claimed.
A company spokesperson declined to provide details to
The Modern Life Experiences team was focused on "bringing consumer products directly to the people who need them, empowering families to learn, explore and connect in a fun and safe environment."
In June 2020, the MLX group launched Money in Excel, a template that let users automatically connect bank, credit card, investment, and loan accounts to Excel.
"Money in Excel" is scheduled to shut down on June 30, 2023.
Last month, Satya Nadella-run Microsoft became the first tech giant to lay off employees as part of a "realignment".
AdvertisementThe layoffs at Microsoft affected nearly 1 per cent of its 1,80,000-strong workforce across its offices and product divisions.
Microsoft has also slowed hiring in the Windows, Teams and Office groups.
Other tech companies that have either laid off employees or slowed hiring in the current economic downturn include
SEE ALSO :
More emissions reduction targets will help Indian fossil fuel giants, IEEFA reports
Drive to plant 100,000 mangroves in proximity to Sundarbans in Bangladesh
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala