Most luxury home sales came from Mumbai, and its suburb Thane leads in affordable homes
- Demand for affordable housing in top metros is being replaced by mid-segment, says
- The maximum number of housing units sold in the mid-segment were from
- Thane sold the highest number of houses under the affordable segment housing category.
AdvertisementThe luxury housing sector in
Unsurprisingly, the most expensive homes sold the most in
“In the last one year we have been witnessing a revival of luxury housing across top cities in India. Demand for affordable housing in top metros is being replaced by mid-segment and luxury housing as higher disposable income of nuclear families are looking for properties with premium amenities,” said
Thane was the best city in terms of affordable housing sales. In the mid-segment, Hyderabad ranked high in terms of maximum number of housing units, the report stated.
The Indian affordable housing segment had a share of 63% in overall supply across all Tier 1 cities while the mid-segment had a slice of 26%.
The second quarter saw a total sales of 1,02,311 units, out of which the largest share was of the affordable segment of about 64%, followed by mid-segment share of 25% and the share of luxury units being 10%.
“Luxury housing in India has remained resilient during the last two years. New launches and rightly located projects are being sold out in a few weeks. We believe projects by fundamentally strong developers would continue to witness heavy demand even with inflationary roadblocks,” said
SEE ALSO: Indian markets close flat as they await cues from US inflation data
More emissions reduction targets will help Indian fossil fuel giants, IEEFA reports
Popular on BI
- India’s growth to mirror China’s trajectory over next decade with private consumption more than doubling to $4.5 trn
- Top 10 billionaires to have lost the most wealth in the last year as per Hurun Rich List
- A review of the global private markets in 2022
- Microsoft intends to lock 12,000 tons of carbon to the bottom of the ocean, using algae!
- Meet India's wealthiest: Healthcare, paint, and energy tycoons top the list