Mukesh Ambani’s RIL is inching close to ₹10 lakh crore market value – but already a part of elite global oil club
Reliance Industriestoday beat the British oil company BP Plc to enter the elite oil club.
- Reliance Industries is now valued at $138 billion.
- Having already become the first Indian company to have a ₹9.5 lakh crore market valuation,
RILis on its way to have a ₹10 lakh crore valuation.
AdvertisementAsia’s richest man is only getting richer.
Currently, Exxon Mobil Corp tops the list of most valuable oil companies, and has Chevron Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, Total in the list. Exxon’s position can be challenged with Saudi Aramco’s IPO in the works.
Reliance is also moving closer to the Chinese giant PetroChina which is also a part of the club.
The stock of Reliance Industries has been on a fast lane for the last few months, and the company is now valued at $138 billion, according to reports.
Even with the challenges in the oil industry due to crude prices, RIL’s market value increased by 35% in the current financial year.
The share price of Reliance Industries hit a record-high ₹1,548.50 today. Having already become the first Indian company to achieve ₹9.5 lakh crore market valuation, RIL is on its way to have a ₹10 lakh crore valuation.
Currently, Ambani is Asia’s richest man and holds the 14th rank in the list of world’s richest, with a net worth of $56.7 billion.
Cyrus Poonawalla, India’s vaccine king, multiplied his wealth nearly 5 times in a decade
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer