Netflix acquires Boss Fight Entertainment, its third game studio to boost gaming business
Boss Fight was formed by former Zynga Dallas and Ensemble Studios employees in 2013. It's headed by CEO
"This studio's extensive experience building hit games across genres will help accelerate our ability to provide Netflix members with great games wherever they want to play them," Amir Rahimi, Netflix's VP of game studios said in a statement.
Boss Fight will continue to operate out of its current studios in Allen, Texas, Austin and Seattle.
Netflix recently announced the acquisition of Finland-based
Next Games' strategy is to develop games based on popular entertainment IP, such as Stranger Things: Puzzle Tales, a story-driven puzzle role playing game (RPG) inspired by one of Netflix's most watched series.
Founded in 2013 and led by
The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2022.
Netflix, which has 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, in September last year announced the acquisition of video game creator Night School Studio, marking the first purchase of a gaming studio for the streaming giant, for an undisclosed sum.
The company also rolled out five mobile gaming titles in select European markets.
AdvertisementAfter rolling out its new gaming service to all subscribers on Android, video-streaming giant Netflix has also allowed the service for iPhone and iPad users as well.
Ola is going to acquire CEO Bhavish Aggarwal’s brother’s firm Avail finance
Petrol and diesel prices hiked for the third time this week in metro cities
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story