Now, Paytm Mall joins Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Myntra with the same dates for its sale event
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s e-commerce bet Paytm Mall has announced the dates for its Maha Shopping Festival – October 16 to October 23.
- The Indian e-commerce industry is counting on the festive sale and the ‘revenge buying’ trend.
- According to a Redseer report, e-commerce gross merchandising volume could hit $7 billion this year during the festive season, a big jump from $3.8 billion last year.
AdvertisementFestive sales are here and looks like every Indian e-commerce player wants its share in the sale bonanza. And interestingly, all Indian e-retailers are going ahead with the same dates for their sale events, with the latest to join the bandwagon being Paytm Mall.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s e-commerce bet Paytm Mall has just announced the dates for its Maha Shopping Festival – October 16 to October 23, the same as its bigger rivals in the e-commerce segment Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Myntra.
Paytm Mall, like its peers, has said it would focus on India’s MSMEs during the sale event.
"Every year we set out to deliver the best possible shopping experience to our consumers as well as a successful sale season to lakhs of sellers. This year we want to empower thousands of MSMEs, artisans, Indian brands to leverage on our digital commerce platform as a potent distribution channel and give their consumers the best buying experience,” said Abhishek Rajan, COO, Paytm Mall, in a statement.
All the sales starting from October 16
|Amazon Great Indian Festival|
|Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale|
|Snapdeal “Kum Mein Dum” Diwali Sale|
|Myntra Big Fashion Festival|
|Paytm Mall Maha Shopping Festival|
Diwali sales are always a big deal for Indian e-commerce players, but this year it's even more so. The Indian e-commerce industry is counting to cash in on the festive sale and the ‘revenge buying’ trend. Consumers who haven’t been able to step out and shop during the pandemic are expected to add to their numbers and order volumes.
According to a Redseer report, e-commerce gross merchandising volume could hit $7 billion this year during the festive season, a big jump from $3.8 billion last year.
Indians are ordering a lot more online but for cheaper products
Myntra CEO explains how fashion buying has changed in India and the e-retailer’s focus on Bharat users this festive season
Popular on BI
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes