Now, Paytm Mall joins Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Myntra with the same dates for its sale event
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s e-commerce bet Paytm Mall has announced the dates for its Maha Shopping Festival – October 16 to October 23.
- The Indian e-commerce industry is counting on the festive sale and the ‘revenge buying’ trend.
- According to a Redseer report, e-commerce gross merchandising volume could hit $7 billion this year during the festive season, a big jump from $3.8 billion last year.
AdvertisementFestive sales are here and looks like every Indian e-commerce player wants its share in the sale bonanza. And interestingly, all Indian e-retailers are going ahead with the same dates for their sale events, with the latest to join the bandwagon being Paytm Mall.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s e-commerce bet Paytm Mall has just announced the dates for its Maha Shopping Festival – October 16 to October 23, the same as its bigger rivals in the e-commerce segment Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and Myntra.
Paytm Mall, like its peers, has said it would focus on India’s MSMEs during the sale event.
"Every year we set out to deliver the best possible shopping experience to our consumers as well as a successful sale season to lakhs of sellers. This year we want to empower thousands of MSMEs, artisans, Indian brands to leverage on our digital commerce platform as a potent distribution channel and give their consumers the best buying experience,” said Abhishek Rajan, COO, Paytm Mall, in a statement.
All the sales starting from October 16
|Amazon Great Indian Festival|
|Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale|
|Snapdeal “Kum Mein Dum” Diwali Sale|
|Myntra Big Fashion Festival|
|Paytm Mall Maha Shopping Festival|
Diwali sales are always a big deal for Indian e-commerce players, but this year it's even more so. The Indian e-commerce industry is counting to cash in on the festive sale and the ‘revenge buying’ trend. Consumers who haven’t been able to step out and shop during the pandemic are expected to add to their numbers and order volumes.
According to a Redseer report, e-commerce gross merchandising volume could hit $7 billion this year during the festive season, a big jump from $3.8 billion last year.
Indians are ordering a lot more online but for cheaper products
Myntra CEO explains how fashion buying has changed in India and the e-retailer’s focus on Bharat users this festive season
Popular on BI
- A teacher who quit and took a job at Costco says life is much better now — she has a life, can pay her bills and finally sleeps at night
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Best entry-level smartphones in India for 2023
- Samsung to manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India
- Samsung launches four new laptops in the Galaxy Book3 series with a bigger display and new processor
- Social isolation linked to dementia risk factors says a study in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra priced starting at ₹74,999 in India