Reliance Consumer Products enters into strategic agreement with Sri Lankan biscuit maker Maliban
Maliban, a biscuit manufacturer, is well known for last 70 years for its range of quality products including biscuits, crackers, cookies and wafers.
In addition, the company has expanded its products reach to global markets and exports to over 35 countries across five continents.
"With a leading market position, Maliban has deep-rooted heritage and credibility. With this strategic partnership between RCPL and Maliban, we will not only be strengthening our FMCG portfolio through a great brand but will also be able to offer an excellent value proposition through quality products to our Indian consumers," said
"Being the custodian of several widely known global brands in India, Reliance is well-positioned to further expand the excellent consumer equity and reach that Maliban has built over 70 years," Isha Ambsaid.
The vision of Reliance's FMCG arm is to bring to Indian consumers a bouquet of domestic and globally recognised consumer brands and product choices that offer superior value proposition with exceptional quality.
It launched its packaged consumer products brand, 'Independence' in December 2022 and is creating a distinct and dedicated retail distribution network for its fast-expanding FMCG portfolio.
Godrej Consumer Products Q3 profit rises 3.5% to ₹546 crore
India emerged as global M&A hotspot in 2022: Bain & Company report
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts