Reliance Retail cashes yet another hefty cheque – Mubadala to invest ₹6,247.5 crore
- This is the fifth investment for Reliance Retail Ventures Limited.
- Reliance Retail continues to be valued at ₹4.285 lakh crore and has raised a total of ₹24,847.5 crore already.
AdvertisementReliance Retail gets ₹6,247.5 crore from Mubadala. This is the fifth investment for Reliance Retail Ventures Limited, after having raised investments from Silver Lake, KKR, General Atlantic so far.Reliance Retail continues to be valued at ₹4.285 lakh crore and has raised a total of ₹24,847.5 crore already.
|Company||Investment in Reliance Retail||Stake in Reliance Retail||Investment in Jio||Stake in Jio|
|Silver Lake||₹9,375 crore||2.13%||₹10,202.55 crore||2.08%|
|KKR||₹5,550 crore||1.28%||₹11,367 crore||2.32%|
|General Atlantic||₹3,675 crore||0.84%||₹6,598.38 crore||1.34%|
|Mubadala||₹6,247.5 crore||₹ 9,093.60 crore||1.85%|
"We value the partnership with a knowledge-rich organization like Mubadala and acknowledge their confidence in our mission to strengthen the core of India’s retail sector – the millions of small retailers, merchants and shopkeepers – through the power of technology. Mubadala’s investment and guidance will be an invaluable support in this journey," said Mukesh Ambani in a statement.
At his speech during Reliance’s Annual General Meet, Ambani had mentioned that talks are on with potential investors for investments in retail. According to Business Insider’s sources, Reliance Retail is set to raise $5.7 billion with only existing Jio investors getting on board as investors to “further deepen the relationship”.
For Mubadala, this is the second investment after it cut out a $1.2 billion cheque for Jio Platforms. "We are pleased to deepen our relationship with Reliance Industries through this investment in Reliance Retail Ventures. Their vision is the inclusive transformation of India’s consumer economy through the power of digitization, creating opportunities and market access for millions of small businesses across the country, and we are committed to supporting the company’s continuing development," said Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Managing Director and Group CEO, Mubadala Investment Company, in a statement.
Mazagon Dock IPO shines while UTI AMC and Likhitha Infrastructure clock in a tepid response from investors
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise