Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail Ventures Limited has raised ₹1,875 crore from Silver Lake co-investors.
- This investment takes Silver Lake’s total investment to ₹9,375 crore for a 2.13% stake.
- This is the second investment announced today, on September 30 morning itself, after one from General Atlantic.
Silver Lake had similarly invested in Jio in two rounds.
Reliance Retail continues to be valued at ₹4.285 lakh crore and has raised a total of ₹18,600 crore ($2.5 billion) already.
AdvertisementOn September 30 morning, Reliance had announced funding of ₹3,675 crore from General Atlantic.
|Company||Investment in Reliance Retail||Stake in Reliance Retail||Investment in Jio||Stake in Jio|
|Silver Lake||₹9,375 crore||2.13%||₹10,202.55 crore||2.08%|
|KKR||₹5,550 crore||1.28%||₹11,367 crore||2.32%|
|General Atlantic||₹3,675 crore||0.84%||₹6,598.38 crore||1.34%|
“Silver Lake and its co-investors are valued partners on our journey to transform Indian Retail for the benefit of all Indians. Silver Lake’s additional investment is a strong endorsement of the tremendous potential of Indian Retail and the capabilities of Reliance Retail,” said Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries in a statement.
Reports also suggest that Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala is set to invest $1 billion in Reliance Retail.
India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
- Apart from the big cat, the Pench Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh flaunts a variety of fabulous residents
- Virat Kohli is on the third position as per winning percentage as captain in international test matches
- Minor tremor felt in Jammu & Kashmir, no casualty or damage reported
- International Women's Day 2021 messages and wishes
- Budget session of T'gana Legislature likely this month: CM