Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail Ventures Limited has raised ₹1,875 crore from Silver Lake co-investors.
- This investment takes Silver Lake’s total investment to ₹9,375 crore for a 2.13% stake.
- This is the second investment announced today, on September 30 morning itself, after one from General Atlantic.
AdvertisementWith a second investment announcement within a day and fourth in a month, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail Ventures Limited has raised ₹1,875 crore from Silver Lake co-investors. This investment takes Silver Lake’s total investment to ₹9,375 crore for a 2.13% stake.
Silver Lake had similarly invested in Jio in two rounds.
Reliance Retail continues to be valued at ₹4.285 lakh crore and has raised a total of ₹18,600 crore ($2.5 billion) already.
AdvertisementOn September 30 morning, Reliance had announced funding of ₹3,675 crore from General Atlantic.
|Company||Investment in Reliance Retail||Stake in Reliance Retail||Investment in Jio||Stake in Jio|
|Silver Lake||₹9,375 crore||2.13%||₹10,202.55 crore||2.08%|
|KKR||₹5,550 crore||1.28%||₹11,367 crore||2.32%|
|General Atlantic||₹3,675 crore||0.84%||₹6,598.38 crore||1.34%|
“Silver Lake and its co-investors are valued partners on our journey to transform Indian Retail for the benefit of all Indians. Silver Lake’s additional investment is a strong endorsement of the tremendous potential of Indian Retail and the capabilities of Reliance Retail,” said Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries in a statement.
Reports also suggest that Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala is set to invest $1 billion in Reliance Retail.
India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms