Reliance Retail secures $750 million from ADIA – Mukesh Ambani has now raised over $5 billion for retail alone
- The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority has invested ₹5,512.50 crore in Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail.
- Mukesh Ambani has now sold 8.47% stake in Reliance Retail – which is India’s largest retail chain with over 12,000 stores across 6,700 cities.
- ADIA, Abu Dhabi royal family’s fund, is investing in Reliance for the second time, having already bet on Jio Platforms.
AdvertisementThe Abu Dhabi Investment Authority has invested ₹5,512.50 crore in Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail. The investment will translate to a 1.20% stake in the company.
With the latest funds, Reliance Retail has now raised a total of ₹37,710 crore or $5.1 billion. Like all other investors – Silver Lake, KKR, General Atlantic, Mubadala, GIC, TPG – ADIA, Abu Dhabi royal family’s fund, is investing in Reliance for the second time, having already bet on Jio Platforms.
Mukesh Ambani has now given up 8.47% stake in Reliance Retail – which is India’s largest retail chain with over 12,000 stores across 6,700 cities.
“Reliance Retail has rapidly established itself as one of the leading retail businesses in India and, by leveraging both its physical and digital supply chains, is strongly positioned for further growth. This investment is consistent with our strategy of investing in market leading businesses in Asia linked to the region’s consumption-driven growth and rapid technological advancement,” said Hamad Shahwan Aldhaheri, Executive Director of the Private Equities Department at ADIA in a statement.
Reliance Retail: The flurry of global investments continues
|Company||Investment in Reliance Retail||Stake in Reliance Retail||Date of Investment|
|Silver Lake||₹9,375 crore||2.13%||September 9 (first investment)September 30 (second investment)|
|KKR||₹5,550 crore||1.28%||September 23|
|General Atlantic||₹3,675 crore||0.84%||September 30|
|Mubadala||₹6,247.5 crore||1.4%||October 1|
|TPG||₹1,837.5 crore||0.41%||October 3|
|GIC||₹5,512.5 crore||1.22%||October 3|
|ADIA||₹5,512.50 crore||1.20%||October 6|
“We are delighted with ADIA’s current investment and continued support and hope to benefit from its strong track record of over four decades of value creation globally. The investment by ADIA is a further endorsement of Reliance Retail’s performance and potential and the inclusive and transformational New Commerce business model that it is rolling out,” said Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries in a statement.
Jio expands its content library for kids – partners with Mumbai-based USP Studios
TCS expected to post higher revenue and margins led by a streak of deal wins over the last three months
Popular on BI
- New India’s greatest wealth creators are 90s babies, born without a silver spoon
- FOMO and market volatility concerns key behind wealthy Indians lapping up ultra-luxury homes
- Young and restless: Zepto’s Vohra to Oyo’s Agarwal – meet India’s top self-made biz moguls
- New SIM card rules from Dec 1 include bulk purchase restrictions – All you need to know
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec