ReNew Power posts net profit of $1 mn for Q4 but ends FY23 in the red
- The Nasdaq-listed Indian company’s total income went up 47% in Q4 compared to the same period last year.
- By the end of the financial year, the company’s power capacity increased 28% on a YoY basis.
Renew Powersays it expects to build 1,750-2,250MW of power capacity by the end of FY24.
AdvertisementReNew, one of India’s top green energy companies, posted a net profit of ₹7.4 crore ($1 million) for the fourth quarter of FY23. In the same quarter last year, it posted a net loss of ₹355 crore ($43 million).
The Nasdaq-listed company saw its total income go up by 47% to ₹2,591 crore or $315 million on a YoY basis. Its adjusted EBITDA for the quarter stood at ₹1,201 crore ($146 million) as against ₹1,279 crore ($156 million) in Q4 FY22.
EBITDA is earnings before interest, tax,depreciation and amortisation.
By the end of FY23, the company’s portfolio consisted of 13.7 GW — which increased 28% on a YoY basis. Of this, around 8 GW is commissioned and 5.7 GW is committed.
The renewable energy company with interests in wind and solar energy said that it has signed power purchase agreements (PPAs) with various buyers to the tune of 101 megawatts during the quarter. “Only around 1% of our total portfolio have Letters of Award that await a PPA,” the company said in a press release.
Its ability to collect payments also improved for the quarter over the last year, with Days Sales Outstanding at 138 days — which showed a 74-day improvement. Days sales outstanding is the average number of days that it takes to collect payment after a sale has been made. This is key for power generators who sell to utilities.
For FY23, its total revenue increased by 29% to ₹8,930 crore ($1,087 million). However it posted a net loss of ₹503 crore ($61 million) for the financial year.
For FY24, the company’s guidance involves generating a cash flow to equity of ₹600-800 crore. It also intends to post an adjusted EBITDA of ₹6,000-6,600 crore. This guidance however is subject to weather being similar to FY23, the company says.
It also intends to build 1,750-2,250MW of power capacity by the end of the financial year.
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning