Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- India’s richest self-made entrepreneurs named in the IIFL Wealth and Hurun rich list saw their wealth increase by 12% in the last one year.
- Their combined wealth has grown to ₹100 lakh crore, which is much more than the combined GDPs of Singapore, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Zerodha’s founder Nikhil Kamath topped the chart with ₹17,500 crore. His wealth surged by 9% in the last one year.
AdvertisementNikhil Kamath of Zerodha, Bhavish Aggarwal of Ola Electric, Ritesh Agarwal of OYO made it to the under-40 list of self-made entrepreneurs by IIFL Wealth and Hurun India. As many as 53 of them made it to this list of entrepreneurs with wealth of ₹1,000 crore and more.
All the entrepreneurs named in the list cumulatively added a wealth of ₹1,85,000 crore — a 12% growth as compared to last year.
“The current wave of start-ups and entrepreneurship has set global benchmarks and driven domestic players to compete with foreign competitors. It is encouraging to witness that the entrepreneurial ecosystem has emerged as one of the pillars of the new knowledge economy and created significant employment, wealth and opportunities,” said Shajikumar Devakar, executive director, IIFL Wealth.
Also, the wealth of these entrepreneurs grew to ₹100 lakh crore, which is much more than the combined GDPs of Singapore, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
“The unprecedented wealth creation in the past five years in India, when other countries are stalling and are in a recessionary mode, reaffirms India as the ‘engine of growth for the global economy,” said Anas Rahman Junaid, MD and chief researcher, Hurun India.
These are the top 10 entrepreneurs named in the 40 & under self-made rich list —
Source: IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022
|Name||Wealth ( in crore)||Company||Wealth change in last one year|
|Bhavish Aggarwal||₹11,700||Ola Electric||56%|
|Neha Narkhede & family||₹4,700||Confluent||61%|
Zerodha’s founder Nikhil Kamath topped the chart with ₹17,500 crore. His wealth surged by 9% in the last one year.
This was followed by Ola Electric’s Bhavish Aggarwal and Divyank Turakhia with ₹11,700 crore and ₹11,200 crore respectively. Aggarwal saw his wealth rise by 56%, while Turakhia’s wealth fell by 10%.
BrowserStack’s Nakul Aggarwal and Ritesh Arora also saw their wealth reduce by 20% in the last one year, as per the Hurun report. Both have a net worth of ₹9,900 crore each.
Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar of Razorpay were ranked at eighth and ninth spot in the top 10 list, with a wealth of ₹5,500 crore. Both saw their wealth spurt by 57% in the span of one year.
Neha Narkhede of Confluent, ranked at the 10th position, is also the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in India with a wealth of ₹4,700 crore.
Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Coorg
- Brain tumour cases rising 'steadily' in India, 20% are children: Doctors
- Air India to refund full airfare to all passengers affected by Delhi-San Francisco flight diversion
- Spot AI-generated images with these simple steps
- Delhi Airport's initiative allows passengers to use DigiYatra without the mobile app