Rupee falls 10 paise to 82.75 against US dollar in early trade
- The rupee depreciated by 10 paise to 82.75 against the US dollar in early trade.
- On Wednesday, the rupee settled at 82.65 against the US dollar.
AdvertisementThe rupee depreciated by 10 paise to 82.75 against the US dollar in early trade on Thursday amid negative trends in the domestic as well as global equity markets and continued outflow of foreign funds. At the interbank foreign exchange, the domestic unit opened weaker at 82.77 against the US dollar and traded in the range of 82.80 and 82.71.
Later, the domestic unit was trading at 82.75 against the greenback, registering a fall of 10 paise.
On Wednesday, the rupee settled at 82.65 against the US dollar.
Meanwhile, the dollar index, which gauges the greenback's strength against a basket of six currencies, was 0.10 per cent lower at 104.54.
Global oil benchmark Brent crude futures rose 0.61 per cent to USD 74.14 per barrel.
Analysts said the failure of two banks in the US and crisis at Swiss banking major
On the domestic front,
How is GPT-4 different from ChatGPT, and what makes it unique?
AdvertisementGoogle’s new AI features for Docs, Gmail, and more to rival Microsoft’s workspace tools—here’s what it means
Popular on BI
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh