Sebi finds buyer for Sai Prasad Group cos' properties
The regulator has been auctioning properties of the group's companies and their directors for the past two years.
Besides, it had put up jewellery, ornaments and other valuables of Sai Prasad Group on sale.
Following the conclusion of the auction on November 22, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), in a 72-page notice, declared the highest bidders for the group's properties in Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Maharashtra.
In October, the regulator had said it will auction nearly 200 properties of Sai Prasad Group firms and three of its directors on November 22.
These included 90 properties in Madhya Pradesh, 62 in Odisha and 46 in Maharashtra at a total reserve price of over Rs 74 crore.
Sebi had said it would auction the properties of companies like Sai Prasad Corporation, Sai Prasad Properties and Sai Prasad Foods, and directors Balasaheb Bhapkar, Shashank Bhapkar and Vandana Bhapkar.A number of orders have been passed against Sai Prasad Group companies and some of its directors in the recent years for recovery of thousands of crores of rupees that they collected through illicit collective investment schemes. SP RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds