Sensex jumps over 200 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 10,300
After touching a high of 35,116.22 in early trade, the 30-share index was trading 145.74 points, or 0.42 per cent, up at 35,057.06.
Similarly, NSE Nifty rose 46.15 points, or 0.45 per cent, to 10,357.35.
IndusInd Bank was the top gainer in the pack, rallying around 5 per cent, followed by Bajaj Finance, PowerGrid, NTPC, Nestle India, Titan and Bajaj Auto.
On the other hand, TCS, Asian Paints, M&M and Infosys were among the laggards.
In the previous session, the BSE barometer settled 179.59 points, or 0.52 per cent, higher at 34,911.32, while the broader Nifty rose 66.80 points, or 0.65 per cent, to close at 10,311.20.
On a net basis, foreign institutional investors bought equities worth Rs 424.21 crore in the capital market on Monday, provisional exchange data showed.
According to analysts, positive sentiment in global stocks and unabated foreign fund inflows supported the domestic equity market.
On the global front, bourses in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo were trading with gains in early deals.
Stock exchanges on Wall Street ended on a positive note in overnight session.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders