Shipping Corp Q3 net profit surges 54 pc to Rs 295.25 cr
The state-owned company had posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 191.57 crore for the corresponding quarter in the previous fiscal, it said in a regulatory filing to the BSE.
Total consolidated income rose to Rs 1,281.60 crore during the quarter under review as against Rs 1,100.66 crore in the year-ago period.
The company's expenses rose to Rs 978.70 crore as against Rs 900.12 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago.
In a separate regulatory filing, the company said Luthra & Luthra Partners has been appointed as the legal advisor for strategic disinvestment of SCI.
"Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), Government of India...has appointed...RSSA Capital Advisors LLP as transaction advisor; Luthra & Luthra Partners as legal advisor and Protocol Insurance Surveyors & Loss Assessors Pvt Ltd as asset valuer," SCI said.
The government had last year kicked off a blockbuster disinvestment plan, lining up sale of five public sector units (PSUs), including majority stakes in SCI.
Starting out as a marginal liner shipping company, SCI has evolved into the largest Indian shipping company.Its owned fleet includes bulk carriers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, container vessels, passenger-cum-cargo vessels, phosphoric acid/chemical carriers, LPG/ammonia carriers and offshore supply vessels. NAM SID RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling