Skoda Auto Volkswagen employees donate day's salary to support fight against COVID-19
The company's employees, supported by the labour unions in Pune and Aurangabad, have contributed a day's salary to raise over Rs 1.2 crore, the automaker said in a statement.
The collected amount will fund 15 full featured ventilators, 15 monitors and 3,750 PPE kits for COVID-19 hospitals in Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad, it added.
The amount raised by the employees is in addition to Rs 1 crore, which was donated by the company earlier.
The company said it has distributed 21 tonnes of dry ration to needy families in Khed and Bhosari villages in Maharashtra and has also donated additional essential medicines to Sassoon General Hospital (Pune) worth Rs 22.34 lakhs.The company's engineers are closely working with global experts to manufacture continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices, automatic AMBU (artificial manual breathing unit) bags, intubation boxes and retro fitted filtered oxygen masks to aid healthcare providers treating COVID-19 patients, it added. MSS RUJRUJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Louis Vuitton's fall is Elon Musk's gain — Tesla owner reclaims top spot in richest list
- Toyota reports highest-ever monthly sales in May at 20,410 units
- Indian aviation regulator asks airlines to frame deplaning guidelines in case of emergency
- Zendesk lays off 320 employees; 8% of workforce
- India’s top 10 transformation moves in the last decade according to Morgan Stanley