SpiceJet announces 20% salary hike for pilots, says will bring back those put on leave without pay
This follows last month's 6 per cent hike in salaries.
Sources said that while the first tranche of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) payment has been received by the airline, the second is expected shortly.
Moreover, the company will be depositing
According to an internal mail to all the pilots, senior VP,
The mail also talked about resumption of normalcy in the aviation sector and said that the airline is flying towards growth and sustainability.
On Tuesday, in a temporary measure to rationalise cost, SpiceJet decided to place some pilots on leave without pay for a period of three months. The airline said that it will be inducting
SpiceJet airline had earlier reported a net loss of Rs 789 crore (Rs 420 crore, excluding forex adjustment) for the quarter ending June 30, 2022 as compared to a net loss of Rs 729 crore in the quarter ending 30 June, 2021 as the business was severely impacted by record high fuel prices and a depreciating
SEE ALSO :
Adani Transmission to become net-zero by 2050
The Pune girl who self-made it to the India rich list
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Taxpayers with income marginally over ₹7 lakh to get relief under new tax regime
- Half of respiratory infection cases admitted to hospitals in 2 months are of H3N2 says govt
- Best 16GB RAM laptops in India to buy in 2023
- Walmart lays off hundreds of employees to 'prepare for the future'
- Japan supermarket sales drop for first time in eight months