The telecom sector's roller coaster over the past four years
AdvertisementIndia's telecom sector has transformed drastically over the past decade — for the good and the bad. Its roller coaster growth has three companies — Vodafone idea, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio — accounting for over 90% of the revenue market share.
Yet, the industry has been saddled with losses in excess of ₹40,000 crore.
Just when everyone thinks that the worst in the sector is over, a new bolt from the blue strikes.
This time it's the Supreme Court's ruling to uphold the
Here are the many events that changed the course of the sector many times:
Cancellation of 122 licenses
Tariff price war 2007 as Docomo enters market
Vodafone retrospective tax still pending
Second price war triggered by Reliance Jio
Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) definition by the Department of Telecommunications
Popular on BI
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits