The telecom sector's roller coaster over the past four years
AdvertisementIndia's telecom sector has transformed drastically over the past decade — for the good and the bad. Its roller coaster growth has three companies — Vodafone idea, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio — accounting for over 90% of the revenue market share.
Yet, the industry has been saddled with losses in excess of ₹40,000 crore.
Just when everyone thinks that the worst in the sector is over, a new bolt from the blue strikes.
This time it's the Supreme Court's ruling to uphold the
Here are the many events that changed the course of the sector many times:
Cancellation of 122 licenses
Tariff price war 2007 as Docomo enters market
Vodafone retrospective tax still pending
Second price war triggered by Reliance Jio
Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) definition by the Department of Telecommunications
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts