Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Total absorption witnessed in
tier-1 citieswas at 4.53 lakh units as against 1.83 lakh units in tier 2 cities in 2022.
- New launches in metros stood at 3.71 lakh units while it was 1.52 lakh units in tier-2 cities.
- 2022 witnessed the highest launches and absorption in the last eight years.
AdvertisementThe sales of
Even in terms of new launches of residential property, tier 1 cities outperformed the tier 2 cities by more than 240% in 2022. The new launches seen in metros were at 3.71 lakh units while it was 1.52 lakh units in the latter.
“This disproportion in metros and tier 2 cities is due to employment opportunities, better infrastructure with better standard of living in tier 1 cities. Regardless of the size of the real estate industry in the two categories of cities, there are very positive developments and all round growth of the property market across the country where more and more people are finding a home of their choice and within their budgets,” says Samir Jasuja, founder and MD of PropEquity.
Interestingly, 2022 witnessed the highest launches and absorption in the last eight years. Absorption crossed 4.5 lakhs residential units with only 3.7 lakhs new supply added in the same period.
Inventory overhang is at all-time low with only 12 months of inventory left in top tier 1 cities in
In all, 2022 witnessed maximum residential property sales in the last eight years, with total absorption increasing by 28% year-on-year. These higher sales were a result of multiple factors such as increased confidence of consumers on hard assets compared to volatile assets post-Covid, and lower repo rates of 4% in the first half of the year.
'Consistent with dignity, socially acceptable', SC mulls panel to examine less painful method of execution
Co-infection with 'superbug' spikes Covid virus replication by 15-fold
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users
- Ivan Menezes, India-born CEO of Johnnie Walker whisky's maker Diageo, passes away