Trai fixes 3 working day to process MNP in same circle, 5 days for inter-circle
Similarly, timeline of five working days has been prescribed for requests for port out from one circle to another.
The new rules will come into effect from December 16."Individual porting request of intra-licenced service area nature will be completed in 3 working days; whereas the porting requests of inter-licence service area nature and all porting requests under corporate category will be completed in 5 working days," Trai said in a statement.
While the stipulated time was four days for transferring mobile number into other telecom circle or on to network of any other operator outside the circle from where a subscriber purchased the connection.The MNP request under the present rule will be processed till December 9 and the service will not be available between December 10 and December 15 as entities involved in the process will be migrating their systems to implement new rules.
Besides this, other major changes have been incorporated such as the validity of the Unique Porting Code or UPC has been brought down to four days instead of a fortnight prescribed earlier, for all circles except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East, where the validity of the said code remains unchanged to 30 days, it said. PRS CK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Fevicol bonds with 100+ brands on Friendship Day by becoming the stickiest comment on the internet
- Philips Avent urges fathers to support mothers in breastfeeding; reminds them that parenting is a team effort
- Indian factories added jobs for the first time in 15 months
- Birla is reportedly ready to give Vodafone Idea to the Indian government
- How to join missed group calls on WhatsApp