Twitter took action against 340 URLs last month for harassment, defamation and illegal activities
- It overturned 10 of the account suspensions based on the specifics of the situation.
- The platform also suspended 4,800 accounts globally for promoting terrorism.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Mi 11X 5G (Celestial Silver 6GB RAM 128GB ROM | SD 870 | DisplayMate A+ rated E4 AMOLED | Upto 18 Months No Cost EMI)₹ 27999₹ 33999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 47% OFF
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Cloud Navy, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 39990₹ 70499Buy On
The platform had received 867 complaints in this time frame. These complaints range between abuse or harassment, child sexual exploitation, defamation, hateful conduct, impersonation, illegal activities (money laundering, gambling, hacking), sensitive adult content and more.
“In addition to the above data, we processed 65 grievances which were appealing
Twitter received complaints against 1,455 URLs between July 26 to August 25, 2021, of which 519 URLs were taken down between July to August 2021, Majority of these complaints were for impersonations. Twitter had also over turned six account suspensions in the same month.
The microblogging platform — in its latest compliance report — also emphasised that it is keeping a close eye for any posts or accounts promoting terroism and child sexual exploitation on its platform. The company claims to have suspended 25,500 accounts globally for child sexual exploitation, non-consensual nudity, and similar content.
Close to 4,800 accounts were suspended globally for promoting terrorism.
The depth of India's power crisis
From home sales and jewellery to power consumption, these are all the sectors that are back to pre-pandemic levels
If you have these digital skills, then you can expect a double digit salary hike next year
Popular on BI
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India
- Amazon-backed office shuttle service Shuttl finds a saviour in Chalo
- Thermal power plants in Tamil Nadu emit more toxic gases than permissible limits, finds study