Twitter took action against 340 URLs last month for harassment, defamation and illegal activities
- It overturned 10 of the account suspensions based on the specifics of the situation.
- The platform also suspended 4,800 accounts globally for promoting terrorism.
The platform had received 867 complaints in this time frame. These complaints range between abuse or harassment, child sexual exploitation, defamation, hateful conduct, impersonation, illegal activities (money laundering, gambling, hacking), sensitive adult content and more.
“In addition to the above data, we processed 65 grievances which were appealing
Twitter received complaints against 1,455 URLs between July 26 to August 25, 2021, of which 519 URLs were taken down between July to August 2021, Majority of these complaints were for impersonations. Twitter had also over turned six account suspensions in the same month.
The microblogging platform — in its latest compliance report — also emphasised that it is keeping a close eye for any posts or accounts promoting terroism and child sexual exploitation on its platform. The company claims to have suspended 25,500 accounts globally for child sexual exploitation, non-consensual nudity, and similar content.
Close to 4,800 accounts were suspended globally for promoting terrorism.
The depth of India's power crisis
From home sales and jewellery to power consumption, these are all the sectors that are back to pre-pandemic levels
If you have these digital skills, then you can expect a double digit salary hike next year
Popular on BI
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route