Twitterati is seeking and also giving more investment advice
- There is a 40% increase in the number of women entrepreneurs engaging in conversation related to entrepreneurship over
- The Twitter report further says that conversations around investment have gained momentum by at least 62% as people seek financial advice on the platform.
- People also want to get a deeper understanding of crypto, NFTs and other digital assets, showing a 185% increase in
AdvertisementIndia has become one of the biggest hubs for startups and is home to the third largest unicorn ecosystem in the world. Thus, this is making people more engaged in conversation related to entrepreneurship, especially women, says
There is a 40% increase in women joining the conversation, with the talk around female entrepreneurship going up by a whopping 269%. This clearly indicates the narrowing gender gap in the workforce, the report says.
It further predicts that a major spurt in the number of women-owned businesses will deliver a massive boost to the country’s economy.
Overall, there is a 22% increase in discussions around entrepreneurship in general. “Founders are building personal brands, while popular references like #SharkTankIndiaMemes and #PeakBengaluru adds humour and fun to the conversation,” says the Twitter report.
A lot of people aspire to become an entrepreneur or start their businesses and are always on the lookout for mentors and big business owners to guide them with their own experiences.
Finance related conversations are also rising
The Twitter report further says that conversations around investment have gained momentum by at least 62% as people seek financial advice on the platform.
“There has been a rise in the number of experts imparting their knowledge. Moreover, traditional and new age companies are increasingly interacting and catering to those who want to get involved,” the report says.
People also seek a deeper understanding of crypto, NFTs and other digital assets, showing a 185% increase in financial literacy discussions.
“Conversations about money have evolved, and concepts like decentralized finance (hello, crypto!) and digital assets have entered pop culture with NFT + Bollywood, Bollycoin, and Beyond Life emerging as topics to watch out for,” said the report.
Preetha Athrey, director – global business marketing, Twitter APAC says that The Twitter Trends Report captures themes and interests that are shaping consumer behaviour in the Indian market, and outlines top trends for brands to lean into to become a part of conversations.
AdvertisementFan clubs too are engaging more and more people. The discussions around fandom have gone up by 47%.
“People are taking ownership of passions like #CricketTwitter (+55%), building complex worlds like #DCFanDome (+35%), and engaging with diverse entertainment conversations like Kollywood (+14) as they converge on Twitter to find their tribe,” says the report.
Interior design software startup Infurnia’s ₹38 crore IPO to open next week
HCL Tech beats Wipro to become India’s third largest IT company
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts
- An app that wants to turn fear of stock markets into fun raises ₹75 lakh from sharks
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India