Uber passengers can now connect with city police in case of emergency with the SOS button
Uberhas introduced several features to its application to enhance security and safety.
- Passengers can connect with the Uber helpline number for up to 30 minutes after the ride finishes.
- Read further to know more about the features introduced in the application.
AdvertisementTo enhance passenger safety by introducing security features, Uber has introduced new features to its application. The ride-hailing company has introduced more features, including sending notifications, an SOS button, and seat belt reminders to enhance security and safety. The application has also updated existing features like the Ride Check feature.
In 2019, Uber introduced the Ride Check feature, which detects possible car crashes or if a trip goes unusually long without any stop. Uber also introduced an updated Safety ToolKit in August 2022. The toolkit allowed passengers and drivers to report safety incidents with an emergency button.
Here is the list of features introduced with the latest update-
The company has integrated an SOS button in the application that connects the passenger with the city police in case of emergency. This feature shares all the details like vehicle details, driver details, and lice location.
Ride Check feature
This feature was launched in 2019 and has now been updated with new features. This feature will notify the passengers if the driver takes an unexpected route during the trip.
Not only passengers but the Ride Check feature also ensures safety for the driver. Passengers and the driver receive a notification during the ride to check if everything is fine.
Seat belt reminder
As the government made wearing a rear seat belt compulsory, Uber introduced a new reminder feature to adhere to the guideline. This feature will send an audio reminder to the passenger to wear the seat belt.
Apple’s App Store awards 2022 winners — best applications and games of the year
Study finds Apple's AirPods Pro may serve as a hearing-assistive device for mild-to-moderate hearing loss
Popular on BI
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade