Vodafone Idea rallies for fourth consecutive session; up over 17 pc
Rising for the fourth consecutive session, Vodafone Idea shares advanced 17.44 per cent to close at Rs 7.07 on the BSE. During the day, it jumped 31.72 per cent to Rs 7.93. In four sessions, the stock price has more than doubled.
However, Bharti Airtel, which rose 3.11 per cent to its 52-week high of Rs 452.95 during the day, later erased its early gains and ended at Rs 437.25, down 0.46 per cent as compared with the previous close.
Faced with intense competition and unprecedented statutory dues, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea on Monday announced a rise in mobile phone call and data charges from December saying the increase was warranted for viability of their business.
"To ensure that its customers continue to enjoy world-class digital experiences, Vodafone Idea will suitably increase the prices of its tariffs effective December 1, 2019," Vodafone Idea had said.
The telecom sector is capital-intensive with fast-changing technology cycles that require continuing investments, Bharti Airtel said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Sakshi Malik withdraws from wrestlers' protest, rejoins her posting in Northern Railway
- Here’s how urban and rural India is spending every ₹100 they earn
- ChatGPT iOS app vs website — The better experience and why
- RBI monetary policy: MPC likely to keep the pause-button pressed
- World Environment Day: 10 simple things to fight climate crisis