Watch out for OYO’s billionaire founder Ritesh Agarwal talking tech at Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
A 13-year-old Ritesh Agarwal sold mobile SIM cards at his small town of Odisha, Titilagarh. Six years later, in 2013, Ritesh Agarwal came up with a digital solution to integrate unbranded hotels, homes, and living spaces, which many called AirBnB with a twist.
Today, the $10 billion startup, OYO, is a household name in India and one of the world’s largest hotel chains. And, the 27-year old Agarwal is one of the youngest billionaires in the world.
Agarwal, the early bird, is reaping the benefits of embracing technology early, and wants to share his convictions about the power of technology at Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020.
The pandemic is testing OYO’s mettle and Agarwal’s survival instincts
In the last seven years, OYO has grown in leaps and bounds. It has over a million rooms in India, with their lease and franchise model. It has also expanded to China, US and Europe. The next phase was an aggressive growth strategy including takeovers and acquisitions including Leisure group, a rental company in Europe and Las Vegas Hooters property in the US.
However, like anyone in the hospitality business will tell you, the COVID-19 pandemic has forced a reset. The backing from Softbank will be useful but recovering from the nearly-fatal blow of the pandemic will need more than just money.
Does Agarwal have another secret key to success? Don’t miss the Global Trends Festival 2020.
Don’t miss Ajay Piramal, a master deal maker with business in 30 countries, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Deepak Parekh, a legend from India’s financial capital, must be on your watchlist at Global Trends Festival 2020
Benefits and extra attractions for the attendees of the Business Insider Global Trends Festival
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani