AI startup Fractal is now a unicorn after raising $360 million funding from TPG
Fractaloffers artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics solutions to several Fortune 500 firms in the world.
- TPG’s Puneet Bhatia and Vivek Mohan will join
Fractal Analytics’ board of directors.
- The company has raised $685 million in fundraise to date.
AdvertisementMumbai and San Francisco-based Fractal has raised $360 million in funding from private equity investors TPG. The investment would be made through TPG’s Asia-focused private equity platform TPG Capital Asia.
The 21-year-old company has been valued at over $1 billion after this round, the company’s cofounder and group chief executive (CEO) Srikanth Velamakanni, said. The company has raised $685 million in fundraise to date.
The transaction is expected to close by the first quarter of 2022, and includes both primary as well as secondary share purchases. TPG’s Puneet Bhatia and Vivek Mohan will join Fractal Analytics's board of directors.
The company’s board currently includes Salesforce’s Gavin Patterson, Apax Partners Rohan Haldea, Apax Partners Shashank Singh and Kae Capital Gulu Mirchandani. It was founded by Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad graduates Velamakanni, Pranay Agrawal, Nirmal Palaparthi, Pradeep Suryanarayan and Ramakrishna Reddy.
Fractal offers artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics solutions — such as marketing analytics, forecasting, pricing and promotion optimisation services and consumer insights — to several Fortune 500 firms in the world, which typically have a revenue of $10 billion.
The company claims to earn $100 million in annual revenue.
The company’s offering includes smart radiology solution
"We continue to see great momentum in how clients are leveraging AI to accelerate digital transformation. Fractal is building a great workplace and an innovative culture that's driving significant client outcomes through our ‘user focused, decision-backwards’ approach to solving problems," said Srikanth Velamakanni, cofounder, group chief executive officer, Fractal Analytics.
It employs over 3,500 individuals across India, Ukraine, UK, US, Australia and Singapore..
AdvertisementAmazon-backed Good Glamm Group acquires 2 more startups, intends to invest ₹200 crore to boost influencer marketing
Elon Musk’s Starlink faces its first setback in India even before launch
Infosys is expected to set the bar slightly higher for TCS, HCL Tech and others
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report