AI startup Fractal is now a unicorn after raising $360 million funding from TPG
Fractaloffers artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics solutions to several Fortune 500 firms in the world.
- TPG’s Puneet Bhatia and Vivek Mohan will join
Fractal Analytics’ board of directors.
- The company has raised $685 million in fundraise to date.
AdvertisementMumbai and San Francisco-based Fractal has raised $360 million in funding from private equity investors TPG. The investment would be made through TPG’s Asia-focused private equity platform TPG Capital Asia.
The 21-year-old company has been valued at over $1 billion after this round, the company’s cofounder and group chief executive (CEO) Srikanth Velamakanni, said. The company has raised $685 million in fundraise to date.
The transaction is expected to close by the first quarter of 2022, and includes both primary as well as secondary share purchases. TPG’s Puneet Bhatia and Vivek Mohan will join Fractal Analytics's board of directors.
The company’s board currently includes Salesforce’s Gavin Patterson, Apax Partners Rohan Haldea, Apax Partners Shashank Singh and Kae Capital Gulu Mirchandani. It was founded by Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad graduates Velamakanni, Pranay Agrawal, Nirmal Palaparthi, Pradeep Suryanarayan and Ramakrishna Reddy.
Fractal offers artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics solutions — such as marketing analytics, forecasting, pricing and promotion optimisation services and consumer insights — to several Fortune 500 firms in the world, which typically have a revenue of $10 billion.
The company claims to earn $100 million in annual revenue.
The company’s offering includes smart radiology solution
"We continue to see great momentum in how clients are leveraging AI to accelerate digital transformation. Fractal is building a great workplace and an innovative culture that's driving significant client outcomes through our ‘user focused, decision-backwards’ approach to solving problems," said Srikanth Velamakanni, cofounder, group chief executive officer, Fractal Analytics.
It employs over 3,500 individuals across India, Ukraine, UK, US, Australia and Singapore..
AdvertisementAmazon-backed Good Glamm Group acquires 2 more startups, intends to invest ₹200 crore to boost influencer marketing
Elon Musk’s Starlink faces its first setback in India even before launch
Infosys is expected to set the bar slightly higher for TCS, HCL Tech and others
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- RBI downgrades FY23 GDP growth projections to 6.8% - lower than World Bank and other global agencies
- RBI hikes repo rate by 35 bps, taking it to 6.25% – Das says bank has ‘Arjuna’s eye’ on inflation
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status