MamaEarth, Encube Ethicals and 19 others make it to Hurun’s best PE-backed firms’ list
- Practus Hurun India PE Performers 2022 evaluated 125 PE-backed companies and only 21 made it to the list.
- On the top of the best performers list is Honasa Consumer that owns the brand MamaEarth, which delivered an average growth of 491%.
- Sequoia Capital India, Ravishankar GV is the top investor as per the Hurun report.
AdvertisementOnly 21 firms made it to the list of best performing PE-backed firms’ list released by Hurun today. And, Practus Hurun India PE Performers 2022 had evaluated 125 companies that received single funding round of more than $25 million in 2021.
The list chose only those companies which delivered improved revenues, profitability and operating cash flows in the year On the top of the list is Honasa Consumer that owns the brand MamaEarth which delivered an average growth of 491%. It’s followed by pharma company Encube Ethicals and logistics company Ecom Express.
The report, Hurun says, celebrates high performing companies which demonstrated growth after funding and the investors who are closely managing these investments.
“The next phase of India’s value creation has to be driven by the combination of capital and intellect. Private Equity funds along with their managers is one such catalyst that could accelerate value creation in the Indian economy,” said Anas Rahman Junaid, MD and Chief Researcher of Hurun India.
Top 10 investee companies on the Practus Hurun India PE Performers 2022 list
|Company||Weighted Average Performance Growth*||Key Investors|
|Honasa Consumer (Mamaearth)||491%||Sequoia Capital IndiaSofina Ventures|
|Encube Ethicals||343%||Quadria Capital|
|Ecom Express||283%||CDC GroupPartners Group|
|Desiderata Impact Ventures (Progcap)||224%||Tiger Global ManagementSequoia Capital IndiaCreation InvestmentsCapital Management|
|Clean Max Enviro Energy Solutions||149%||Augment Infrastructure DSDG Holding|
|Zetwerk||81%||Greenoaks CapitalSequoia Capital IndiaLightspeed VentureD1 Capital PartnersSteadview Capital|
|OfBusiness||59%||SoftBankFalcon Edge Capital Tiger Global ManagementMarshall Wace|
|Five Star Business Finance||53%||Sequoia Capital IndiaTVS Capital|
*Weighted Average performance growth takes into account the growth in Revenue, EBITDA and Operating Cash Flow.
Sequoia Capital is the top PE investor: Hurun
The report has also noted the best performing PE investors and only 35 made the cut, out of the 103 who invested in the companies evaluated for the report.
Sequoia Capital India, Ravishankar G V is the top investor as per the Hurun report. Not only has this PE invested in four companies that made it to the list, it also has two unicorns amongst them.
AdvertisementNorwest Venture Partners led by Niren Shah and Tiger Global Management led by Alex Cook took the second spot with investments in three companies each.
“The list celebrates PE fund managers who made the decisions in backing these high-performance companies and those who actively influenced and managed the improved performance,” said Deepak Narayanan, CEO and founder of Practus.
Popular on BI
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts