After Facebook-Saregama deal, Sharechat and T-Series partner up for a music licensing deal
- With this partnership,
Sharechat, and its video platform Moj’s users will be able to access T-Series’ library of thousands of songs to create videos.
- In early July, Sharechat launched Moj – its TikTok rival product, right after the Chinese app was banned by the Indian government.
- The Sharechat and T-Series deal comes days after
Saregamasigned a similar partnership.
“We are delighted to partner with ShareChat, and this association sets a fresh beginning between us and the social media platforms. This moment celebrates the contribution of great music to social media, and we commend ShareChat for respecting the copyrights. It's great to see ShareChat agree with our philosophy,” said Bhushan Kumar, Managing Director, T-Series.
In early July, Sharechat had launched Moj – its TikTok rival product, right after the Chinese app was banned by the Indian government.
Advertisement“Music brings out the best of emotions and nostalgia to our users as they share their creativity on our platform. Our partnership with T-Series would help our community of users to access thousands of songs from the T-series catalogue on ShareChat and Moj to express their emotions and share content in amazing new ways," said Berges Y Malu, Director, ShareChat in a statement.
According to reports, Sharechat is also in talks with Google and Microsoft for a deal that could ramp up its valuation to over $1 billion, from the current $650 million.
A new awakening for India’s music labels
The popularity of social video sharing platforms has led to a new avenue of partnerships for India’s oldest music labels.
The Sharechat and T-Series deal comes days after Facebook and Saregama signed a similar partnership. Saregama has over 100,000 songs across genres including, film songs, devotional music, ghazals & indipop in more than 25 languages. And these songs can be accessed by Facebook and Instagram users. “Millions of Facebook users will be able to add music from our vast catalogue to stories and videos they create and share,” Vikram Mehra, Managing Director of Saregama India had said.
AdvertisementOla Electric plans to hire 2000 — co-founder Bhavish Aggarwal says electric two-wheeler launch soon
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry