BharatPe CEO Suhail Sameer to step down, Nalin Negi to take over in the interim
BharatPe’s CEO Suhail Sameerwill step down from the top job of the fintech company.
- Sameer took over as the CEO of BharatPe in August 2021, a year after he was appointed as the president of the company.
- BharatPe has reportedly hired a firm to scout for a CEO to take over while its CFO steps in to steer the ship in the interim.
Sameer took over as the CEO of BharatPe in August 2021, a year after being appointed as the company’s president in August 2020. The company’s chief financial officer Nalin Negi will be the interim CEO while BharatPe searches for Sameer’s replacement.
“We have recognized the need to dedicate time and resources to finding the leader who will continue to catapult BharatPe to new heights, and we are grateful for the commitment from Suhail and Nalin. We look forward to supporting Nalin Negi in his role as the interim-CEO, as we move ahead in our mission of empowering millions of MSMEs with a range of world-class financial products,” said
BharatPe has reportedly hired a firm to scout for a CEO to take over while Negi steers the ship in the interim.
Sameer had a falling out with the company’s co-founder
Earlier last year, BharatPe was rocked by the departures of multiple top-level executives, including the then chief technology officer Vijay Aggarwal, and chief product officer, Rajat Jain leaving the company. Further, PostPe’s head, Nehul Malhotra, also left the company. PostPe is BharatPe’s buy now pay later (BNPL) offering which was launched in October 2021.
(This is a developing story)
Popular on BI
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh