BharatPe gets in-principle nod from RBI to operate as online payment aggregator
BharatPegets in-principle nod from RBIto operate as an online payment aggregator.
- The final authorization is subject to fulfillment of certain conditions.
- This in-principle approval will help catapult our expansion plans, BharatPe said.
AdvertisementBharatPe said on Tuesday that it has received authorization from the
“We are really excited to receive the in-principle approval for the Online Payment Aggregator License and are thankful to the regulators for entrusting their faith in us. At BharatPe, we have been committed to empowering offline merchants and kirana store owners in the country and have already built a network of 1 crore merchants across over 400 cities,” said Nalin Negi, CFO and interim CEO, BharatPe.
However, the final authorization is subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. BharatPe said it will now commence work on fulfilling the said conditions within the prescribed timeline and launch its online payments aggregator business upon the receipt of the final authorisation from RBI.
“This in-principle approval will help catapult our expansion plans and enable us to reach out to millions of more unbanked and underserved merchants, provide digital payment acceptance solutions and in turn, get them to be a part of the Digital India story,” Negi added.
Founded in 2018, the company claims to have launched the first UPI interoperable QR code, the first zero MDR payment acceptance service in India.
The company processes more than 18 crore UPI transactions per month (annualised transaction processed value of over $24 billion in payments). It facilitated the disbursement of loans to the tune of ₹8,500 crore to over 450,000 merchants.
BharatPe said its point of sale (POS) business now processes payments of over $4 billion annually on its machines.
The announcement came as the company is fighting a fierce battle against its former co-founder Ashneer Grover over a fraud amounting to ₹88.6 crore.
(With inputs from IANS)
Oil pipeline leaks in Bihar village sending locals into a looting frenzy
Govt will soon launch new PLI scheme for IT hardware: Union minister
Popular on BI
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Zookeepers were stumped when a female gibbon got pregnant while alone in her cage. 2 years later they say there was a tiny hole that she and a neighboring male used to copulate through.
- Not just LIC, 32 mutual fund houses have exposure to Adani Group stocks
- TRAI's move to display callers' names endangers privacy, imposes costs says industry body IAMAI
- This V-day, Indians want ChatGPT to play Cupid & write their love letters
- Rate hikes will not impact collections efficiency of NBFCs: ICRA
- No new Covid variants emerged during China's recent outbreak: Lancet study
- Reliance Capital case: Battling for higher value to stakeholders says IIHL