Exclusive: Bharatpe gives 20% hike to its employees in the wake of the coronavirus crisis
- From startups to large multinationals, fear of job losses and massive pay cuts looms due to
- But in the midst of this, digital
paymentsstartup Bharatpegave a 20% hike to its employees.
- It also plans to hire more people and double down on its merchant network.
AdvertisementEvery other day Indian companies are either letting go of their employees or senior management's salaries to survive during times of Coronavirus lockdown. From startups to large multinationals, the fear of job losses and massive pay cuts looms large across the nation.
In the midst of this,
“I closed the
While every other company and even startups announced voluntary salary cuts, Grover dismissed the trend as a ‘fashion’. “It sounds like good PR if you cut your own salary or that of the senior team management, but I don’t believe in that,” he said.
BharatPe, being a merchants payments leader, also offers peer to peer loans for investments with 12% interest. So, the payment enabler is also banking heavily on loans for its revenue. So far, the company has disbursed over ₹140 crore
Now, Grover plans to hire more people and double down on its merchant network as more and more people will apply for loans as their businesses would be impacted because of coronavirus.
“The moment the lockdown lifts I will have more people on the ground acquiring new merchants. These new merchants will over time farm into the loans we give out,” said Grover.
India’s second richest man added $2.7 billion to his wealth beating slowdown and coronacrisis
Popular on BI
- Reliance Industries will be hosting its 45th AGM this month — all your need to know
- Great Freedom Festival deals on kitchen products—buy induction cooker, microwave oven, mixer grinder, and more at discount
- Best Amazon deals on large appliances - AC, TV, Fridge, Washing machine, Dishwasher
- Best deals on fashion and beauty during Amazon Great Freedom Festival
- Best deals on furniture items during the sale